Make your pecan nut pie crust:
2 cups flour
1 cup softened butter/margarine
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup brown sugar
Put all four items in your food processor and blend together. Save back 1 cup of the crumb mixture (to bake separately) and the rest is pressed into the bottom of a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Watch closely! It will golden brown when done. Must cool completely before putting the filling onto it.
The remaining cup of crumb mixture can be spread onto a small pan and baked till golden. This will need to cool completely and then be broken up into pieces.
Make the filling (can be made ahead and refrigerated till your crust is cooled)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 envelope of Dream Whip
½ cup of milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
20 oz blueberry pie filling (homemade) or 1 can of store bought
Optional: add a pint of fresh blueberries to the pie filling. (Need to be rinsed and dried)
11. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese well.
22. In a separate mixer bowl, whisk together the Dream Whip with the milk and vanilla until it begins to form soft peaks, about four minutes.
33. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Dream Whip mixture and whisk (or use a mixer) beating it for 3-5 minutes until it is smooth and creamy.
44. Spread the cream cheese/Dream Whip mixture onto the prepared (cooled) crust.
55. Top it all off with the blueberry filling.
66. Sprinkle the “extra” crumb mixture over the top of the dessert.
77. Cover the dessert and allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.